Thursday, November 27, 2008

Everyone rides...

In Osaka, everyone rides bicycles. It is the most common form of transportation in Osaka. So much so that roads are designed around bicycle traffic rather than cars. People do have cars but they don't often drive them. It's not uncommon to see Mum dinking one kid, and with another kid in a child seat on the back of the bike, all of them on the way to school, with backpacks in the basket on the front of the bike. And nobody wears helmets, either.

I went with Dad today to drop Kaidai off at kindy. I rode Saki-chan's bike - it's about 2/3 the size of my normal bike, but it was manageable. I haven't ridden in ages, but if I were to live in Osaka for an extended period of time, I'd definitely invest in a bike. It's great. Dad introduced me to a bunch of other parents at the kindy, and urged me to practise my jikoshoukai - self-introduction. It was pretty cool.

Well, class will be starting soon and I still have some photos to caption... so I'll leave it there.

Miss everyone, wish you were all here!!

ジャ~

Nat

1 comment:

Mim said...

Lugging luggage and biking it all over Osaka - you'll come back SOOOOO fit!